July 29, 2015 -- Scholarship Fundraiser Kicks Off
- Every fall the SME Tucson Section partners with the mining community to sponsor scholarships to be awarded to students pursuing degrees in mining related fields at the University of Arizona. Since 2010, the section has awarded more than 98 scholarships totaling more than $175,000. Support the next generation of mining talent and become a sponsor today! More...
July 8, 2015 -- MineBLAST 2015 at Barrio Brewery
- SME Tucson Section invites you to join your mining friends and hosting sponsors on July 8 from 6-9 p.m. at Barrio Brewing downtown for a casual, relaxing summer event. More...
April 18, 2015 -- 2015 Annual SME Operators' BBQ
- Please support the University of Arizona SME Student Chapter and sign up for their 2015 Annual SME Operators' BBQ! More information can be found here.
Feb 15, 2015 -- 2015 SME Annual Conference & Expo
- We hope to see everyone at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver for the 2015 SME Annual Conference & Expo. Conference dates are February 15-18. Safe travels. Click here for more event information.
Jan 1, 2015 -- Happy New Year!
- The SME Tucson Section would like to THANK YOU for making 2014 a wonderful year and wish you nothing but the best in 2015!
SME Tucson's New LinkedIn Group
We now have a LinkedIn group specifically for the members of SME Tucson Section to network, share events and get to know one another better. You can find our group by searching "SME Tucson". If you would like to participate but aren't a member yet, there's no better time to join in than now!
Sep 10, 2014 -- Mike Humphries, Hudbay Minerals
- Mike Humphries, Director of Engineering Studies, Hudbay Minerals, will introduce Hudbay Minerals, operations and projects and the acquisition of Rosemont Copper.
Aug 13, 2014 -- Dr. Lee Allison, The Arizona Geological Survey
- Join us on August 13th when Dr. Lee Allison, Director at the Arizona Geological Survey, will be joining us and presenting Holbrooke Potash District. We would like to thank our meeting sponsor Geotemps. More...
Jul 11, 2014 -- MineBLAST 2014! Eat, drink, and enjoy.
- Join your mining colleagues poolside at the Sheraton Tucson for a casual, relaxing summer event. Members and friends of all mining groups -- AGS, AMIGOS, AMA, ARPA, MFSW, and others -- are welcome to attend. There is no cost to attend. Light appetizers provided. Ca$h bar. More...
- Thank you to our MineBLAST Sponsors:
09 Sep 2015 6:30 PM • Sheraton Tucson, 5151 E. Grant on the northeast corner of Grant & Rosemont
17 Oct 2015 6:30 PM • Savoy Opera House in Trail Dust Town, 6541 E. Tanque Verde Road
11 Nov 2015 6:30 PM • Sheraton Tucson, 5151 E. Grant on the northeast corner of Grant & Rosemont
2014 Fundraiser Sponsors - 9/24/14
Big Nugget $2000
Pay Dirt $1000
- Apache Nitrogen Products
- Connor Moore & Allison Hagerman
- Duke HydroChem
- Empire Southwest, LLC
- Errol L. Montgomery & Associates
- Golder Associates, Inc.
- IDS Colog Group
- Knight Piesold and Co.
- Mountain States R&D International, Inc.
- The Obie's
- RDE Evaluations, Ltd.
- Skyline Assayers & Laboratories
- Split Engineering, LLC
- Turner Laboratories Inc.
- URS Corporation
- Verdad Group, LLC
- Cori Hoag & Kevin Horstman
- FLSmidth Krebs, Inc.
- Lhoist North America